Members are not permitted to bring more than 8 guests on any one day, except for a venue which has been booked for a private function.
Members are requested to ensure that their drivers do not park their cars in the areas earmarked for ‘Owner Driven Vehicles’ under any circumstances. There is extreme pressure on parking, particularly on week-ends and members’ cooperation in this matter is requested.
In the event of a chauffeur driven vehicle parked in the members’ area, the security personnel have been directed to ask them to remove their vehicle and park in the area earmarked for ‘Chauffeur Driven Vehicles’.
Personal Domestic Staff
Members’ personal domestic staff are not permitted in any of the venues or facilities of the club. An Attendant’s area has been created near the Children’s Park and Members are advised to ensure that their maids and domestic staff who might accompany them limit themselves to the area earmarked for them.
Usage of the Club by Dependents
Dependent Members are not permitted to bring guests and must be accompanied by the member or his/her spouse.
The use of mobile phones in the bars, restaurants including 18th Shamiana is not permitted and members are requested to adhere to this as a courtesy to other members.
Excise rules in the club are stringently followed. Alcohol consumption is only permitted in the excise approved facilities and areas of the club. The closure timing of the bars is also strictly adhered to and members are expected to follow these rules without exception. Gratuity box are placed in various locations into which members may contribute
Tipping is not permitted in the club and any member found tipping can attract disciplinary action by the General Committee and it can also lead to the staff member’s employment being terminated by the club.
The dress code at Tolly has always been tailored to the casual elegance that typifies our sporting traditions and encompasses the ambience of being a family club.
The prevailing dress code at the club is detailed below:-
– The dress code of the Shamiana/ Gravel/ South Verandah to keep the sporting atmosphere live and active, all manner of Sportswear is permitted, including round neck t-shirts and shorts. However, singlets and vests are not permitted in any of the venues and wearing Golf Shoes and Riding Boots in the South Verandah is not permitted. The minimal dress requirement for men in the Gravel area and Shamiana are short-sleeved sports/ bush shirts with shorts, track suits, jeans or trousers.Slippers for men are permitted only in the Shamiana/ Gravel area/ Pantiles and swimming pool areas, but are not permitted in the dining rooms and bars, the billiards and bridge rooms.
– In the Club Lounge, Bars, Restaurants, Billiards, Bridge Rooms, all varieties of T-shirts including smart round neck t-shirts and jeans are permitted.
– Shoes and sandals with back strap can also be worn. Shorts and slippers are not permitted in the Dining Rooms, Club Lounge, Bars, Billiards Room and the Bridge Room.
– The following traditional apparel is permitted in all venues of the Club.
– Dhoti/Kurta worn with strapped sandals or shoes.
– Churidar/Kurta worn with strapped sandals or shoes.
– Kurta/ Pyjamas are not permitted in any venues of the Club.
– In Tolly’s tradition, ladies are free to choose the attire they consider appropriate except that shorts are not permitted in the Bars, Lounge and Restaurants of the Club.
– Members and guests wearing swimming costumes must kindly restrict their movement to the area of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Use of any other part of the Club premises whilst in swimming apparel is not permitted.